Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to promote health equity for marginalized communities by advancing access to high-quality, integrated, and comprehensive health and human services. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.
Responsible for planning, designing and delivering relevant and engaging training for groups of adult learners in specified grant-funded projects. Content portfolio will include: the delivery of educational presentations to increase awareness of HIV and related health topics, motivational interviewing techniques, verbal de-escalation skills, implicit bias, diversity and equity and other areas relevant to the mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia. Responsible for organizing outreach, communication, and ongoing training, technical assistance and consultation for assigned programs and projects. Overall responsibility for knowledge of current training programs and ability to substitute for absent trainers as needed.
- Designs and delivers training presentations as assigned for grant funded projects.
- Works collaboratively with the Director and the Philadelphia Department of Public Health Division of HIV Health’s Training Unit to plan, design and deliver assigned training. This includes the development of learning objectives and recruiting and corresponding with guest presenters.
- Manages event coordination for training, educational and community events, including site selection, creation of materials, and coordination of speakers as required by assigned projects.
- Creates tracking mechanisms to capture all communication for the assigned training projects, including outreach, contact numbers, engagement, etc.
- Evaluates training and education programs.
- At least 3-5 years current experience in both designing and delivering professional development for professional staff at a variety of education levels.
- Ability to create interactive, engaging workshops to meet the needs of varied audiences.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and to engage in joint decision-making.
- Mature personality including: adaptability/flexibility, non-judgmental, resourceful, energetic, dependable, friendly and confident.
- Experience using online tracking and e-learning tools for project management and delivery of professional development.
Work Environment: Standard office setting with periods of sitting, walking, and standing. Ability to set-up and transport equipment for presentations when needed.
Position Type and Work Schedule: Full time position, Typical hour are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule and remote working location options available with supervisor approval.
Travel: Local travel to sites for trainings at least once per week.
- Ability to transport materials and equipment for presentations weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk around an office environment.
Salary and Benefits: Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long-term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.