Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to promote health equity for marginalized communities by advancing access to high-quality, integrated, and comprehensive health and human services. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.
The Safe Sleep Coordinator is responsible to provide education to pregnant and parenting people in Philadelphia on infant safe sleep practices. This education will be either in person or via virtual communication. The coordinator will deliver or arrange delivery for Pack & Play Cribette. They will provide follow-up to families to review educational materials and demonstrate the proper set up of the cribette. Under the direct supervision of the Safe Sleep Program Manager, the Coordinator will promote the importance of safe sleep practices to social service entities, medical centers, hospitals, shelters, treatment centers and other locations where pregnant and parenting families frequent.
- Provide in person or virtual Infant Safe Sleep Education
- Maintain tracking and monitoring of referrals to the program
- Provide follow-up to Infant Safe Sleep Education
- Collect and enter data
- Coordinate crib deliveries
- Create and/or distribute safe sleep educational materials
- Link pregnant people/families to additional health related resources
- Maintain HIPAA Confidentiality
- Attend MCFH meetings as required
- Promote Awareness on the importance of Infant Safe Sleep Practices
- Baccalaureate in Public Health or Social Work
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check Clearance
- At least 2 years of experience with required skills that may be demonstrated through past employment
- Bi-Lingual Preferred
- Preferred experience in Maternal Child Health, Home Visitation, or Public Health
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Able to handle multiple tasks and manage project timeline with a high degree of organizational skill
- Ability to work with a variety of cultures and diverse families
- Ability to carry a Pack & Play (30 pounds)
Work Environment: Standard office setting with extended periods at workstation and periodic use of office equipment. Hybrid work is performed as necessary.
Position Type and Work Schedule: Full time position, typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule options available with supervisor approval.
Travel: Local travel to multiple sites and community meetings, and PDPH warehouse, and health fairs as needed. Employee must have a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
Physical Demands: Example: ability to transport materials, routinely moves equipment or supplies weighing up to 30 lbs.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination must be produced upon hire. The only exceptions to this requirement will be accommodation requests base on medical or religious exemption. Documentation for the exemption request must be supplied prior to the first day of employment. ADA guidelines will be used in determining requests for accommodation based on medical necessity.
Salary and Benefits: Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long-term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.