Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to promote health equity for marginalized communities by advancing access to high-quality, integrated, and comprehensive health and human services. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for overseeing all purchasing, establishment of vendor relations and maintains a high level of customer service to meet business partner needs. Provides backup and support for office administration, communication systems, copy services, office equipment, and building management relations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Sources vendors and work with departments and programs for all purchasing needs.
• Maintains accurate records, process purchase requisitions, negotiate with vendors, and manage orders.
• Assists in collection of supply vendors and subcontractor competitive quotes.
• Continually looks for process improvements in the purchasing function that will contribute to increasing operational efficiencies.
• Develops vendor relationships to meet organizational needs.
• Reconciles orders; investigates and resolves discrepancies; reviews outstanding orders and initiates any necessary follow-up action; codes to appropriate cost center when received.
• Identifies gaps within the existing supply base relative to current and future business.
• Develops standard operation protocols for purchasing and vendor relations.
• Provides backup for office operations duties and RingCentral system.
• Performs special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
1. Centralized purchasing and operations. Improved vendor relations. Cost Management
1. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent level of background and experience.
Skills & Experience:
1. 3-5 years of purchasing experience.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and vendors.
3. Excellent negotiation skills.
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
5. Keen understanding of criticality of office operations and a sense of urgency in response.
6. Ability to work with a variety of cultures and diverse audiences, and interface with employees at all levels of the organization.
7. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks at a high volume at times.
8. Strong logic and reasoning skills along with ability problem solve and find solutions.
9. Proficient technology skills; including office software and electronic filing.
10. Ability to work independently.
11. Strong time management skills.
Work Schedule: Typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule options available with supervisor approval.
Travel: Local travel to multiple sites may be required.
Physical Demands: Ability to transport materials, routinely moves equipment or supplies weighing up to 30 lbs.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination must be produced upon hire.
Salary and Benefits:
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
• Medical with vision benefits
• Dental insurance
• Flexible spending accounts
• Life, AD&D and long-term care insurance
• Short- and long-term disability insurance
• 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
• Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
• Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.