Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to promote health equity for marginalized communities by advancing access to high-quality, integrated, and comprehensive health and human services. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.
- Coordinating daily with city partners on operations and maintenance of public restrooms
- Providing daily sanitation services for public restrooms located Philadelphia, including use of a power washer to remove human waste in the restrooms and surrounding areas/streets
- Reporting on public restroom operations
- Assuring public restrooms are supplied with naloxone (Narcan); sharps disposal boxes; and toiletries (toilet paper, soap, etc)
- Be willing to administer naloxone (Narcan) in the event of an opioid overdose
- Removing any trash/drug paraphernalia disposed inside the public restrooms.
- Identifying and reporting any vandalism on restroom units
- Maintaining inventory of cleaning equipment before and after use.
- Respectfully engaging guest and community members and working towards fostering positive relationships, including educating the public about the benefits of public restrooms
- Complying with all DPH policies and procedures
- Fulfilling other duties assigned
- HS Diploma or general education degree (GED); or combination of education and 1 + year related work experience.
- Associates Degree with two + years related work experience.
- Knowledge of/and or personal experience substances and substance use, and harm reduction
- Comfortable working with vulnerable populations.
- Sensitivity to and experience working with ethnically, economically, culturally and sexually diverse individuals, communities, agencies and organizations.
- Experience and comfort working outdoors in inclement weather.
- At least 1-year of commercial or general vehicle driving experience
- Ability to be flexible when routes need to be adjusted based on needs of units
- Ability to analyze and think critically to apply reasonable judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use full range of motion including handling and frequently lifting of moving heavy objects and/or equipment between 60-80 lbs.
- Ability to perform duties of sitting and moving while in the field.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and collaborate with community partners,
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, and to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with persons contacted in the course of work.
- Basic understanding of plumbing design.
- Foundational computer skills, including comfort with Microsoft office suit.
- 80% Field Work, 20% Office Work
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Full-time position (37.5 hours/week), 8am-5pm, Tuesday-Saturday.
Local travel to multiple sites in Philadelphia
Ability to load/unload power washer weighting from 60-80 lbs. to back of utility trailer, and other equipment necessary for daily field work.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination must be produced upon hire.
Salary and Benefits:
Pay Rate: $55,000 annually
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long-term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.