Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to promote health equity for marginalized communities by advancing access to high-quality, integrated, and comprehensive health and human services. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.
The Project Coordinator - HCCN plays a critical role in supporting the HRSA-funded Health Center Controlled Network project. This project provides support to 33 participating health centers across the state of Pennsylvania around leveraging health information technology tools and data to deliver high-quality, culturally competent, equitable and comprehensive primary health care, with a focus on improvements in clinical quality, patient-centered care, and provider and staff well-being. The Project Coordinator - HCCN will be responsible for working closely with project staff, including the Project Director and Senior Project Manager, to assist with developing, coordinating and deploying project activities; developing project work plans and assuring project deliverables are met; creating, curating, and disseminating project-related materials and resources; developing reports on overall project performance, team activities, and return on investment for funder and other stakeholders; engaging participating health center staff; and providing general administrative support to the project team. This position will report directly to the HCCN Senior Project Manager.
- In collaboration with the Director of Population Health Initiatives, develop and implement systems and procedures aimed at ensuring efficient operation of the HCCN project. This may include development and management of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for HCCN-related work and activities, assisting with the implementation and management of a new ticketing system to manage support requests, and generally identifying opportunities for streamlining program operations.
- Support development, coordination and management of projects deployed by the HCCN team, including monitoring work plans and assuring deliverables and deadlines are met. Provide direct assistance, as needed, to ensure timely project execution.
- Support building and managing reports on overall project performance, team activities, and return on investment (ROI) for funder and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate external project-related meetings. These may be conducted in-person or via conference call. Will require scheduling, preparing/gathering related materials, establishing agendas, as needed, and providing general administrative support, including taking meeting notes/minutes, managing attendance, and sending follow-up communications.
- Lead facilitation of external project-related calls, including EHR-specific User Group calls, Network-level webinars, and work plan check-in calls with participating health centers. May include providing introductory remarks, taking attendance, monitoring chat and answering questions, note-taking, and managing any takeaways.
- Lead facilitation of internal team meetings, as needed, including weekly calendar check-ins and bi-weekly team huddles. These also may occur in-person or via Zoom.
- Oversee and maintain HCCN Project Portal where project-related resources, data and the HCCN project calendar are curated and shared with participants. Manage re-invigorating this resource, including improving user-friendliness and functionality, and assisting with re-design.
- Develop and update to project-related materials and presentations, including those for participating health centers, funders, and additional external stakeholders. May include promotional materials, program newsletter, slide decks, etc.
- Assist with invoice submission and management.
- Manage HCCN project contacts, including ensuring customer relationship management (CRM) system and relevant contact lists are continuously updated, as needed.
- Maintain a systematic process for communications, information sharing, problem solving and accountability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in public health, social work, sociology, health information technology or related field; 1-2 years of relevant program or project management experience; or a combination of education and experience that reflects the skills identified in this position description.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks independently.
- Experience with project management concepts and responsibilities.
- Experience using collaborative tools like Smartsheet, Google Workspace, and Dropbox is a plus. Ability to quickly master new technology tools is essential.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, ticketing systems, and/or Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) software a plus.
- Experience with basic design principles and experience with or ability to learn Canva and Powerpoint.
- Experience working with community health and human service agencies or programs; experience with Federally Qualified Health Centers preferred.
- Highly organized, excellent time management skills and systems oriented.
- Strong problem solving and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Standard office setting, plus minimal scheduled travel for meetings, trainings, and technical assistance sessions with participating health centers.
Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time. Able to lift and move up to 15 pounds.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination must be produced upon hire.
Must be able to get around effectively within Philadelphia and surrounding counties, either on public transportation and/or in own vehicle. Limited travel beyond surrounding counties will be required, as well.
Salary and Benefits:
$50,000 - $55,000
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.