Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to improve access to and quality of health and human services for underserved and vulnerable populations. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.
This position is an integral part of our HIV/AIDS Program. This position is responsible for overseeing and carrying out all elements as defined below. The position will be based out of designated health centers.
- Coordinate with Primary Care HIV Prevention (PCHP) program coordinator to plan and evaluate program needs
- Supervise and support prevention navigators
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external referral sources to identify patients that need linkage to preventative care
- Address and mitigate barriers to PrEP initiation and adherence
- Interview potential candidates/volunteers for the PCHP program
- Train new hires and assist with onboarding
- Generate and submit timely written reports and presentations
- Conduct presentations to highlight the program’s process and updates
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings/trainings as assigned
- Perform additional tasks as necessary by immediate supervisor and/or HIV Program Director/Managers
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Public Health, Humanities, Social Work, or other health-related field
- Master’s degree in Public Health or other related subject preferred
- At least 2 years of experience working with vulnerable populations
- Sensitivity to, interests in, and competence in cultural difference, minority and women’s health, sexual practices , and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community
- Understanding of how HIV is transmitted and prevented, familiarity with PrEP
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with accountability, exercise sound judgment, discretion, and professionalism at all times
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Power Point, CareWare, and eCW
- Able to handle multiple tasks and manage project timeline with a high degree of organizational skills
- Ability to work with a variety of cultures and diverse audiences.
Work Environment: Standard office setting with extended periods at workstation and periodic use of office equipment. This position may require you to work in a face paced environment.
Position Type and Work Schedule: This position is full time, work hours are 9:00AM to 5:00PM Monday-Friday. Hours may be adjusted with approval from Supervisor.
Travel: This position may require you to travel to multiple health centers throughout the week.
Physical Demands: Ability to transport materials, routinely moves equipment or supplies weighing up to 30 lbs.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination must be produced upon hire. The only exceptions to this requirement will be accommodation requests base on medical or religious exemption. Documentation for the exemption request must be supplied prior to the first day of employment. ADA guidelines will be used in determining requests for accommodation based on medical necessity.
Salary and Benefits: Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long-term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.