Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to promote health equity for marginalized communities by advancing access to high-quality, integrated, and comprehensive health and human services. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.
The mission of the Philadelphia Department of Public Health’s Division of Maternal, Child, and Family Health is to empower all Philadelphia mothers, children, and families to create and live healthy lives. We are committed to eliminating racial health disparities and elevating community voice. We accomplish our mission through coalition building, data and evaluation, policy and advocacy, public health campaigns, direct service, and capacity building.
This is a full-time position within the Division of Maternal, Child, and Family Health in the Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH) to manage all aspects of a new pilot program, the Philly Joy Bank. The Philly Joy Bank is a pilot of providing guaranteed income to Philadelphia residents during pregnancy and for a year postpartum. The Philly Joy Bank was developed by the Community Action Network (CAN) which is a collective impact group centered around reducing racial disparities in infant mortality in Philadelphia. The Philly Joy Bank Program Manager will work closely with the CAN to oversee all aspects of program implementation including contracting, budgets, media and outreach plans, and sustainability planning.
- Oversees all aspects of program implementation and day-to-day operations
- Serves as primary liaison between PDPH and the members of Community Action Network and ensure that the Philly Joy Bank reflects the shared input of CAN members
- Oversees fiscal management including program budget and contracts
- Completes all required reporting to funders
- Presents on the program at relevant stakeholder meetings and conferences
- Reports program metrics, operations data, and pertinent program data to various stakeholders
- Supports development and execution of growth strategy and scaling plan
- Develops and maintains communications with funders, seeks grant opportunities, and manages large-scale donations and funding streams to promote program sustainability and scalability
- Participates in meetings with vendors and evaluation partner to facilitate implementation and evaluation of the Philly Joy Bank
- Hires and supervises the Philly Joy Bank Navigator
- Master’s degree in a related field (e.g., public health, psychology, healthcare administration, social work, nursing communications, marketing), or a bachelor’s degree with relevant experience
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in project management in the public health, social services, or healthcare sector
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing health equity and passion for maternal and child health
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Experience with large-scale budgeting and growth strategies
- Experience in maternal/child health
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Experience in communication and public relations strategies and writing experience
- Leadership skills and a willingness to take initiative and be proactive
- Ability to work well with diverse populations through inclusive and culturally responsive practices
POSITION TYPE AND WORK SCHEDULE
Full time position, hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range is between $65,000-$80,000 and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Dental insurance
- Medical with vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Parental Leave
- Life, AD&D and long-term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
Standard office setting with extended periods at workstation and periodic use of office equipment.
This position is a hybrid during this time. The Philly Joy Bank Program Manager must live in the Greater Philadelphia area.
TRAVEL Local travel to community meetings, as needed