Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to promote health equity for marginalized communities by advancing access to high-quality, integrated, and comprehensive health and human services. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.
The Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH), through the Immunization Program, located within the Division of Disease Control, is the lead unit for immunization activities in the City of Philadelphia. The Epidemiology unit within PDPH will support key Immunization Program initiatives, including data analysis, data presentation, and visualization and management of a public facing website. This position will report to the Epidemiology, Informatics, and Systems Manager and will support Immunizations 100% of time. This position is Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This is a grant-funded position; continuation of the position is contingent upon sustained funding.
- Coordinate with Program staff to determine informatics needs for various initiatives and mission areas and develop data-driven solutions.
- Work with IIS Manager and Interoperability Coordinator to develop tools or visualizations around data quality.
- Conduct data analysis and develop visualizations to support immunization program activities, vaccine outreach, and IIS data improvement.
- Develop data driven reports for internal or external consumption.
- Work with epidemiology team to develop maps and interactive solutions.
- Provide ad-hoc reports on IIS data, Informatics metrics or staff needs as required.
- Document processes, maintain records, and prepare/contribute to reports.
- Coordinate the ongoing maintenance, development, and expansion of content for a Disease Control website around data and visualizations.
- Documenting content management processes.
- Work with Epidemiology team to create reports for review on variety of immunization areas including, routine pediatric vaccinations rates, adult vaccination rates, and pandemic vaccination rates.
- Building tools to automate data collection processes with key response partners for both routine and emergency response activities.
- Collaborate with Immunization teams to improve data accessibility to demonstrate progress toward overall goals
- Improve grant management by contributing data visualizations to increase funding transparency
- Willingness to help in a public health emergency.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must have Master’s degree in public health, scientific, epidemiology, or other relevant field from an accredited institution of higher education.
- A Bachelor’s degree in public health, scientific, epidemiology or other relevant field from an accredited institution of higher education and 2 years’ professional experience.
- 2 years of experience in public health or public health related field
- 1 year of experience creating data visualizations in a professional environment
- 1 year experience with ArcGIS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in data visualization software (Tableau or Powerbi)
- Proficiency with ArcGIS
- Experience with SAS or R
- Experience with RedCap
- Must know or be willing to learn additional database applications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational ability
- Excellent ability to breakdown, present and explain large data sets through data visualizations
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing work environments
- Able to work as part of a team and individually
The position may require some travel and occasional participation in off-site functions. The position requires responding to public health emergencies on short notice, possibly during non-work hours. When not responding to offsite roles or public health emergencies this position will be in a standard office setting with extended periods at a workstation and periodic use of office equipment.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Full time position, typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule options available with supervisor approval.
Some travel may be necessary provided that public health guidance allows it.
Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Salary and Benefits
$60,000 - $70,000 commensurate with education and experience. Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
• Medical with vision benefits
• Dental insurance
• Flexible spending accounts
• Life, AD&D and long-term care insurance
• Short- and long-term disability insurance
• 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
• Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
• Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation are handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination must be produced upon hire.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.