National Health Corps (NHC) is an AmeriCorps program that recruits, trains, and places emerging leaders in resource-limited organizations. Our members help build healthy communities by providing health education and health access to underserved individuals throughout the United States. Between July –August 2019 the program will be implementing an alumni outreach/recruitment campaign.
Responsibilities of Intern:
The Alumni Outreach Coordinator Intern will be responsible for coordinating and implementing all logistics and creating content for an outreach campaign pre, during and post campaign. Specific functions of the intern will include:
- Coordinate/plan logistics for campaign, including conducting alumni recruitment and creating outreach roles and responsibilities and any additional resources needed;
- Build /edit campaign content, including Website page and contact calendar
- Create outreach content for social media postings and newsletters during campaign
- Schedule posts and post on social media, and send out pre-created newsletters and emails, along with sending personalized thank you emails/calls.
- Participate in feedback meetings to provide constructive feedback to experience;
- Other communications related tasks as assigned.
- Enrollment in graduate undergraduate program in communications, English, business development or other related fields;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced computer and social media skills;
- Experience working with web-based content management system
- Experience working on outreach campaigns
- Highly-adaptable, detail-oriented, creative and organized;
- Passionate about HFP’s mission;
- Ability to work independently
- Experience or interest in nonprofit communications campaigns and business development
Compensation: This is PAID internship $15-$20 hour (dependent on experience) between 16-20 hours per week for 8 weeks.
Learning Opportunities: This intern will benefit by gaining experience in a broad range of skills necessary to work in communications and/or nonprofit philanthropy. The intern will complete projects and writing samples that can be included in a professional portfolio and gain valuable experience to add to a resume. The intern will be encouraged to network with other HFP employees, attend trainings hosted by HFP, and learn about the different departments and programs within the organization(s).
Supervision: The intern will be supervised by the NHC Director, with weekly standing meetings to review work plans for the week, and ensure that the intern has clear expectations and support/guidance to complete all assigned tasks.
Location: The intern will report to Health Federation of Philadelphia, 123 South Broad Street, Suite 650, Philadelphia Pa, 19107 location duration this internship.
Duration of Internship: July 1– August 30, 2019 (start and end date flexible within one week but will be 8 week commitment).
Hours per week: 16-20 hours per week. Hours/days are flexible
Deadline to Apply: June 21, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Major or Degree Program: Graduate program in communications or nonprofit philanthropy or other relevant discipline