Job Location: Main HQ Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Positition Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: $65,000.00 Salary/year
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Other
The Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH), Division of Disease Control (DDC), works to prevent, control, and report on diseases and conditions that are contagious and/or affect the public’s health. DDC helps prepare for public health emergencies and educate the community on how to stay safe and healthy.
Within the Division, immunization services across the city of Philadelphia are supported by a robust immunization program that coordinates the Vaccines for Children (VFC), Vaccines for Adults at Risk (VFAAR), and COVID-19 vaccine programs. Through these programs, the Immunization Department provides assessment and feedback to providers and performs community outreach to increase vaccination access, awareness, and overall rates in under vaccinated populations.
Our program also hosts a well-established immunization information system (IIS), PhilaVax, to which all Philadelphia providers are mandated to report. The Philavax IIS covers childhood, adolescent, and adult vaccines. Data provided by the PhilaVax IIS helps target outreach, assessment, and feedback activities, and helps support successful implementation of immunization recommendations.
The overall goal of the Immunization Program is to increase the vaccination of all Philadelphians with immunizations routinely recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) by reducing missed opportunities, ensuring equitable access to vaccines, and improving immunization delivery practices among providers.
The Website Content Manager will be responsible for developing the voice and appearance for all aspects of the Immunization Program’s electronic communications for both provider and public facing content, ensuring that content is uniform in tone, user friendly, and easy to navigate. Careful review and proofreading of website content to ensure that up to date and clear information is shared throughout the websites. In addition to curating the content of the Immunization program-maintained websites, the Website Content Manager will be responsible for developing electronic communication products in a variety of formats, including, vaccination promotional materials, email newsletters, and online outreach campaigns. This position will also work closely with the communications team and the IIS team to ensure that the web pages remain current, in both appearance and website administration on the back end. The content
manager will also work with other communications team members to manage the Immunization Program document and file archive. The content manager will work closely with the Immunization Program team, particularly the program manager, medical specialist, and the communications, IIS, and VFC teams. This position requires strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with excellent communication skills, works well in a team environment, and has experience in healthcare or public health.
• Create, develop and manage content for organization’s web presence using content management software
• Update and manage the website of the Philadelphia Immunization Coalition (25% of time)
• Coordinate web projects across departments
• Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
• Working with a cross-departmental team
• Copyedit and proofread all web content
• Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, and events
• Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference
• Track and report on all site metrics
• Work cooperatively with key team members
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with partners, contractors, and stakeholders
• Develop content for posting on various digital media outlets, including ensuring consistency across communication channels and working within state requirements and guidelines.
• Ensure communication activities are based on accepted principles, methods, and best practices.
• Attend internal and external meetings as required
• Complete assigned contract deliverables, including required reports, within established time frames.
• Manage project work, as needed, including quality assurance and deliverable compliance
• Respond in real life public health emergencies
• Other duties as required
Education & Experience
3-5 years’ experience managing content and production for high traffic websites Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field.
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills
• Advanced knowledge of HTML and experience with popular content management systems (Drupal, Convio, Kintera, etc.)
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
• Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
• Knowledge of 508 compliance and accessibility
• Knowledge of statistics and website optimization
• Familiarity with website security and upgrading plugins
• Experience engaging public health prevention partners at the state and/or local level, as well as digital media strategy and implementation
• Previous experience working in a healthcare setting preferred
• Must be authorized to work legally in the U.S.
Standard office setting at workstation and regular use of office equipment. This position will require a mix of remote and in-person work
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Full time position, typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule options available with supervisor approval.
Travel: Some travel may be necessary provided that public health guidance allows it.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 25lbs.
Salary and Benefits: Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
• Medical with vision benefits
• Dental insurance
• Flexible spending accounts
• Life, AD&D and long-term care insurance
• Short- and long-term disability insurance
• 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
• Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
• Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation are handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to improve access to and quality of health and human services for underserved and vulnerable populations. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation ,, military or veteran status.
This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia's employment practices, including recruiting, hiring training, and promotion.