Reports to: Director, Professional Development
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Responsible for planning, designing and delivering relevant and engaging training for groups of adult learners in specified grant-funded and fee-for-service projects. Content portfolio will include: trauma and trauma informed care, secondary traumatic stress, self-care and resilience skills, motivational interviewing techniques, verbal de-escalation skills, reflective supervision strategies, implicit bias, diversity and equity, interpersonal skills, teamwork, leadership and other areas relevant to the mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia. Responsible for organizing outreach, communication, and ongoing training, technical assistance and consultation for assigned programs and projects. Overall responsibility for knowledge of current training programs and ability to substitute for absent trainers as needed.
- Designs training curricula and identifies/creates materials to meet the needs of specific training audiences, specifically providers of addiction services in the community.
- Delivers training using a variety of methods, including small group exercises, role plays, case studies and multi-media.
- Responsible for training on topics in his or her portfolio and has familiarity with content in other trainer’s portfolios. Is able to step in when necessary without additional coaching
- Evaluates training processes and results; provides follow-up training, technical assistance, and consultation, coaching and mentoring to programs as needed.
- Develops collaborative relationships with related agencies and seeks to identify new opportunities for training and consultation with clients in his or her portfolio
- Assists in mentoring new and current trainers
- Completes required written program reports for funders
- Presents at professional conferences when possible
- Meets with program administrators and/or funders to determine organizational training goals; uses a variety of methods to directly assess participant’s training needs
- Maintains and reports training and project data to supervisors.
- Continuously does research and attends professional development activities to maintain and expand content expertise
- Represents the Health Federation at meetings and events
- Master’s in Education, Public Health, Social Work or a closely related field, or additional 5-7 years of equivalent experience
- At least 5-7 years current experience in both designing and delivering professional development for mixed audiences using interactive methods and adult learning techniques
- Content expertise in at least 3 areas related to HFP mission and focus on trauma informed care, staff development and leadership, or other public health issues, especially related to supporting addiction services providers
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Excellent interpersonal and critical thinking skills. Ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with co-workers, clients and trainees
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to work collaboratively as a part of a team of trainers and consultants
- Bi-lingual a strong plus
Standard office setting with periods of sitting, walking, and standing. Ability to set-up and transport equipment for presentations when needed.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Full time position, typical office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule and remote working location options available with supervisor approval.
Local travel to sites for trainings at least once per week. Travel to Eastern and Western PA as needed for training contracts. Limited travel out of state for presentations or conferences.
- Ability to transport materials and equipment for presentations weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to site, stand, and walk around an office environment.
Salary and Benefits:
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
The Health Federation of Philadelphia (HFP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.