Reports to: Sr. Director Finance & Operations
Responsible for overseeing all purchasing, establishment of vendor relations and maintains a high level of customer service to meet business partner needs. Provides backup and support for office administration, communication systems, copy services, office equipment, and building management relations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Source vendors and work with departments and programs for all purchasing needs.
- Maintain accurate records, process purchase requisitions, negotiate with vendors, and manage orders.
- Continually look for process improvements in the purchasing function that will contribute to increasing operating efficiencies and profitability.
- Track and stock supplies/inventory and place orders when necessary
- Collaborate with suppliers on improving quality.
- Alleviate risks and focus on developing supplier performance.
- Assists in keeping projects within budgeting guidelines.
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Prepare and present recommended supply strategies to Leadership Team.
- Identify gaps within the existing supply base relative to the current and future business
- Develop standard operation protocols for purchasing and vendor relations.
- Provide backup of office administration duties – desk coverage, printing, phone, space, etc.
- Identify ways to be resourceful and cut costs when applicable
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
Centralized purchasing and operations. Improved vendor relations. Cost reduction.
Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent level of background and experience.
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years of office management experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Keen understanding of criticality of office operations and a sense of urgency in response. etc.
- Ability to work with a variety of cultures and diverse audiences, and interface with employees at all levels of the organization.
Standard office setting with extended periods at work station and periodic use of office equipment.
Typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule options available with supervisor approval.
Local travel to multiple sites may be required.
Ability to transport materials, routinely moves equipment or supplies weighing up to 30 lbs
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
The Health Federation of Philadelphia (HFP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.