Launch and direct a one-year project to test a model of integrated training and direct services for individuals living with chronic physical and behavioral health conditions in North Philadelphia. The Program Manager will oversee a small pilot project to provide direct services utilizing a community health worker (CHW)/peer support worker (PSW) team, and will also coordinate activities to support CHWs and PSWs in the region employed by other physical and behavioral health providers through training, learning collaboratives, and access to social needs referral resources.
- Manage key partnerships and collaborative relationships with other organizations
- Hire and support a team, including a Project Coordinator and a Community Health Worker
- Oversee pilot program development – identify project locations, develop protocols, train team, work closely with partner organizations, develop data management plan
- Work with partner organizations and HFP trainers to develop integrated training curriculum for CHWs/PSWs
- Promote activities to partner organizations
- Organize training for Lifestyle Coaches and support start-up of Diabetes Prevention Program groups at community locations.
- Assess options for social needs referral platforms, contract with and manage chosen vendor, deploy resource to interested partner organizations
- Work with external evaluator to develop and implement evaluation plan
- Manage project budget
- Serve as primary point of contact with funder (PA DHS)
- Master’s degree or clinical degree in public health, social work, nursing or related field.
- 5-7 years’ experience in program development, implementation and supervision
- Experience with community health workers and/or peer support workers
- Familiarity with North Philadelphia and community organizations and healthcare providers in the area.
- Staff supervision and budget management experience
- Excellent communications, negotiations and partnership skills
- Understanding of evaluation concepts
Full time, will consider 80% time for the right candidate
Funding for this project is only guaranteed for one year