Reports to: Director, Title V Services
Supervises: Salaried doula (part-time position) and oversees independent contractor Community doulas\
The Doula Support Program Manager provides clinical and administrative oversight of the new MCFH Doula Support Program, and also provides some direct doula services to women enrolled in the program. The Doula Support Program provides pre-natal, peri-natal (including labor & delivery) and post-partum support to women in Philadelphia who could not otherwise avail themselves of this service. The program focuses on women with substance use disorder (SUD), including opioid use disorder (OUD), and uses a Community Based Doula Model. The program will offer regular one-on-one support from a community doula to women who are pregnant, through labor and delivery, and post-partum up to 12 months. This will include home visits and face to face meetings in other community venues as appropriate. A primary aim of the program is to reduce the risk of relapse into substance use in the post-partum period by providing support in addition to other physical and behavioral health services being received.
SPECIFIC DUTIES: The Program Manager will be responsible for planning all aspects of the new program, in collaboration with other MCFH staff. This will include developing the infrastructure, community support and staff capacity needed to implement a comprehensive model.
- Track and document all program activities
- Prepare monthly reports and fulfill other reporting requirements
- Develop plan/system to track and document client/doula matches
- Develop forms for contract doula use
- Develop protocols for hiring and paying the contract doulas
- Outreach to potential referral sources to the program
- Outreach to promote the program to appropriate community partners
- Help develop training series and schedule to ensure all doulas have basic knowledge and understanding of the client population to be served, and service systems they may encounter, including physical and behavioral health services and treatment programs. Trainings would include: Trauma Informed Care & Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) ; Implicit Bias; Impact of Racism on Perinatal Experience; a demonstrated understanding of Substance Use Disorder and Perinatal Mental Health, Motivational Interviewing, Mandated Reporter training.
- Provide direct doula services to a limited number of women
- Supervise a part-time, salaried doula
- Maintain regular communication with contracted doulas to ensure they are managing case responsibilities.
- Create opportunities for staff and doulas to meet for peer support and skills-building/professional development workshops/sessions
- Collaborate with other MCFH staff, including the Parent Advocate, to ensure a holistic array of support to women in the program
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3 – 5 years providing doula services on a regular basis
- Have attended a minimum of 30 births as a doula
- Proof of completion of both a Birth Doula and Postpartum Doula training
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients/families and professional partners
- Ability to track program activities using appropriate record keeping and databases
- Ability to be flexible in provision of clinical services, as required by a doula
- Trained in various aspects of social determinants of health and well-being, including: Trauma Informed Care & Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) ; Implicit Bias; Impact of Racism on the Perinatal Experience; an understanding of Substance Use Disorder and Perinatal Mental Health.
- Child abuse and criminal clearances
- Proof of professional liability insurance (or willingness to obtain)
- Supervisory Experience
- Understanding of Motivational Interviewing
- Experience with Reflective Supervision
The position reports to the Director of Title V Services for administrative issues, and to the Program Consultant for clinical issues.
Salary is $52,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This position comes with a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical and dental coverage, paid sick, vacation, and personal time.