Reports to: IIS Programmer
Status: Full-time, permanent
The Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH), Division of Disease Control (DDC) is tasked with the operation and maintenance of PhilaVax, the Immunization Information System (IIS) for the City of Philadelphia. PhilaVax’s primary mission is to collect and maintain immunization records for the City of Philadelphia. Information collected by PhilaVax is utilized by providers within the City and by partner programs within PDPH. The DDC uses IIS data to help prepare for public health emergencies and provide education to the community on how to stay safe and healthy.
The IIS Support Programmer is tasked with filling a myriad of technical support roles within the program. The IIS Support Programmer will be expected to perform basic routine server maintenance on windows-based systems, along with routine website maintenance. This Includes updating WordPress, website configuration, security, and ad-hoc trouble shooting. Additionally, database maintenance will be required from time to time along with monitoring and supporting the Immunization Program’s SFTP server, and management of the IIS provider tracking, including support for database connectivity.
- Provide software maintenance for servers as required
- Assist with upkeep and installation of software, including WordPress
- Provide user support for PhilaVax to Immunization and STD staff as needed
- Manage database connections
- Provide general support for the Immunization Program’s SFTP server, including user creation, security, and routine maintenance
- Provide support and maintenance for the IIS’ provider tracking software
- Willingness to assist in public health emergency
- Other duties are required
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Health IT, or any comparable information technology-based degree.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated knowledge of Java script or Python
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL
- General knowledge or willingness to learn XML
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Basic knowledge of PHP
- General knowledge of networking, including basic security knowledge
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to provide good customer service in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical persons
- Minimum 1 year experience in computer science or information technology field
Standard office setting at workstation and periodic use of office equipment. This position will initially be fully remote and will transition to in-person work in accordance with public health guidance. Will be required to report to office to receive work-laptop and other equipment as necessary.
Some travel may be necessary provided that public health guidance allows it.
Must be able to lift 25lbs
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$47,000 - $52,000 and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position comes with a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical and dental coverage, paid sick, vacation, and personal time. This position is funded for 1 year but may continue after as funding permits.