Job Location: Main HQ Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 2 Year Degree
Salary Range: $45,000 Salary/Year
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Health Care
The Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH), Division of Disease Control (DDC) is tasked with the operation and maintenance of PhilaVax, the Immunization Information System (IIS) for the City of Philadelphia. PhilaVax’s primary mission is to collect and maintain immunization records for the City of Philadelphia. Information collected by PhilaVax is utilized by providers within the City and by partner programs within PDPH. The DDC uses IIS data to help prepare for public health emergencies and provide education to the community on how to stay safe and healthy.
The IIS Interoperability Specialist will assist in the maintenance and management of IIS data reporting and data connections. Their primary responsibility will be ensuring data integrity of incoming HL7 messages, flat files, and logs. In additional to data quality reviews in coming data, the IIS interoperability specialist will also be tasked with performing data quality reviews of data at rest, including patient and vaccine deduplication reviews. They will also be required to process death certificates in the IIS and, when needed, will assist in onboarding of providers to HL7 unidirectional and or bi-directional connections.
- Provide routine data quality reviews.
- Complete and monitor death certificates.
- Conduct routine patient and vaccine deduplication reviews.
- Track and monitor non-HL7 data reporting to the IIS.
- IIS enrollment work (as needed).
- Work with partner programs, Interoperability Coordinator, Assistant Interoperability Coordinator and Deputy IIS Manager to develop better tools for tracking immunization data quality.
- Work with Interoperability team to improve HL7 refusal reporting to IIS
- Other duties as required.
- Assist in managing corresponds with providers and vendors to achieve on time projected deadlines.
- Associates degree or 1 or more years’ experience in public health, IT, or related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must have working understanding of IT systems and general interoperability.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Must be willing to learn IT related skills, such as SQL and XML.
Standard office setting with extended periods at work station and periodic use of office equipment.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Full time position, typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule options available with supervisor approval.
In-office position with occasional remote and on-site work to meet program goals.
Ability to transport materials, routinely moves equipment or supplies weighing up to 30 lbs.
Salary and Benefits:
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to improve access to and quality of health and human services for underserved and vulnerable populations. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.