Job Location: Main HQ Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 Salary/year
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Job Shift: Day
Job Category" Nonprofit - Social Services
The Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH), Division of Disease Control (DDC) is tasked with the operation and maintenance of PhilaVax, the Immunization Information System (IIS) for the City of Philadelphia. PhilaVax’s primary mission is to collect and maintain immunization records for the City of Philadelphia. Information collected by PhilaVax is utilized by providers within the City and by partner programs within PDPH. The DDC uses IIS data to help prepare for public health emergencies and provide education to the community on how to stay safe and healthy.
The IIS Informatics Manager’s primary purpose is threefold; to ensure constant flow of data to the IIS, to ensure the integrity of data to and in the IIS, and to provide accurate accounting of information in the IIS when needed. The IIS Informatic Manager’s purview includes the IIS Interoperability team, the IIS Analytics team, and the IIS Epidemiology team. It is the duty of the IIS Informatics manager to ensure that all teams are functioning properly and have realistic and efficient workflows. They must also provide leadership and mentorship to subordinate staff and be able to accurately identify the needs of each team and while providing an honest evaluation each team’s performance. The IIS Informatics Manager will also be expected to work with the IIS Manager and Deputy IIS manager to create metrics for evaluation of their section. Routine reports on each team’s workload and efficiency will be provided to the IIS Manager and Deputy IIS Manager. The Informatics Manager will also be expected to identify grants and area’s for development within their portion of the IIS.
- Ensure timely, continuous and accurate flow of immunization data to the IIS.
- Work with IIS Interoperability Coordinator to develop metrics for assessment of data quality.
- Work with IIS Interoperability Coordinator to create workflows for ongoing data quality review.
- Work with IIS Interoperability Coordinator to identify potential system enhancements.
- Identify grants for supplemental funding and IIS and or interoperability development.
- Work with Epidemiologist team to create reports for review on variety of immunization areas including, routine pediatric vaccinations rates, adult vaccination rates, and pandemic vaccination rates.
- Work with Epidemiologist team to develop metrics for assessment of work.
- Work with Epidemiologist team to develop process improvement for workflows and outcomes.
- Work with Analytics team to develop metrics for assessment of work.
- Work with Analytics team to develop process improvement for workflows and outcomes.
- Identify and ensure that the needs of all teams are met.
- Provide quarterly reports to Deputy IIS Manager on data quality metrics, such as deduplication, HL7 errors, flat file processing time, late reporters, incorrect reporting, and query volume.
- Provide ad-hoc reports on IIS data, informatics metrics, and or staff needs as required.
- Coordinate with IIS Outreach Manager and IIS Systems Manager to ensure all data needs are met.
- Coordinate with IIS Systems Outreach Manager and IIS Systems Manager to ensure that all training needs are met.
- Coordinate with IIS Systems Outreach Manager, IIS Systems Manager, IIS Manager, and Deputy IIS manager to create inter-section workflows.
- Prepare presentations for multiple stakeholders.
- Willingness to help in a public health emergency.
- Other duties as required.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health with a minimum 5 years’ experience in Public Health or IIS.
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Health Informatics or another information-based field preferred.
- 5 years of experience in a Public Health or related field.
- 3 years of management experience with proven ability to perform conflict management.
- Preferred 2 years of IIS or IIS related experience.
- Preferred 2 years of HL7 experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to breakdown and explain complex topics.
- Ability to conduct process improvement reviews.
- Ability to design and implement standards and assessment metrics.
- Ability to understand complex databases.
- Ability to understand complex data logistics.
- Ability to identify and encourage talent within staff.
- Preferred understanding of Interoperability standards.
- Able to provide positive and constructive criticism to IIS Informatics staff.
- Profession level knowledge of Microsoft Power Point and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience with SAS.
- Preferred experience with data visualization software.
- Preferred knowledge of immunization schedule.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
Standard office setting at workstation and periodic use of office equipment. This position will initially be fully remote and will transition to in-person work in accordance with public health guidance. Will be required to report to office to receive work-laptop and other equipment, as necessary.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Full time position, typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule options available with supervisor approval.
Some travel may be necessary provided that public health guidance allows it.
Must be able to lift 25lbs.
Salary and Benefits:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long-term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation are handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to improve access to and quality of health and human services for underserved and vulnerable populations. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.