Job Location: Main HQ Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: $45,000 - $47,000 Salary/year
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Health Care
The Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH), Division of Disease Control (DDC) is tasked with the operation and maintenance of PhilaVax, the Immunization Information System (IIS) for the City of Philadelphia. PhilaVax’s primary mission is to collect and maintain immunization records for the City of Philadelphia. Information collected by PhilaVax is utilized by providers within the City and by partner programs within PDPH. The DDC uses IIS data to help prepare for public health emergencies and provide education to the community on how to stay safe and healthy.
IIS Education Specialists’ primary role is to provide trainings and to IIS and Immunization program staff. They will work closely with the IIS Education Coordinator to design multi-staged structural trainings on technical topics as selected by IIS and Immunization program leadership. IIS Education Specialists will also be tasked with attending multiple professional level trainings to refine and hone their knowledge in selected fields.
- Create multiple, multi-staged structural lesson plans for a variety of technical skills.
- Conduct in-person or virtual trainings for Immunization program and IIS staff
- Work closely with IIS Education Coordinator to develop supplemental trainings for tertiary non-IIS systems.
- Enroll in and absorb material from professional level trainings.
- Work with IIS Education Coordinator to refine course material based on feedback from staff.
- Must be willing to help during a public health emergency.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Health IT, education (with an emphasis on IT), or related field.
- Experience in teaching, professional training, or tutoring.
- Professional experience using SQL, SAS, XML, Python, or any combination of said languages.
- Willingness to learn new technical skills.
- Ability to receive professional constructive criticism.
- Ability remains patient while explaining complex topics to students with a varying degree of technical knowledge.
- Able to collaborate with IIS education team to create comprehensive lesson plans.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
Standard office setting with extended periods at workstation and periodic use of office equipment.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Full time position, typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule options available with supervisor approval.
Some travel may be necessary provided that public health guidance allows it.
Must be able to lift 25lbs.
Salary and Benefits:
Commensurate with education and experience. Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long-term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation are handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to improve access to and quality of health and human services for underserved and vulnerable populations. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.