The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) at HFP will provide consultation, coaching, guidance and support to managers and employees of designated departments on issues related to performance management, employee relations, and other human resource related issues. This role is fully dedicated to internal clients, their needs and duties. The role requires an individual who is able to build trustworthy and valuable relationships with employees and supervisory staff members. We need an HR professional who can balance the need to be a strategic business partner with a roll up your sleeves attitude and work ethic. The HRBP will work in conjunction with other HR areas including compliance, benefits, payroll, HRIS, and recruiting, and will drive company-wide HR initiatives through the represented business units. The HRBP will answer many employee and manager questions regarding benefits, employment, work life, professional development and learning, and compensation and serve as liaisons with their HR colleagues for issues that require specific intervention.
- Partners with HR Director, HR Specialist, and Benefits/Recruiting Administrator to refine internal processes and participate in developing communication strategies to introduce new processes
- Proactively supports delivery of HR initiatives, processes and programs to the clients, and manages complex HR projects cross-functionally
- Interfaces with HR Specialist to assist in maintaining the integrity of the HRIS system
- Leads HR initiatives and works with management in the development and maintenance of an employee centered organizational culture
- Partners with HR Director on employee relations matters and serves as liaison for City managers and employees
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Assists HR Director with investigations
- Maintains proper documentation and serves as point of contact for employee relations issues for employees
- Generates ideas for and champions/leads employee engagement activities in order to foster positive employee morale and interaction
- Proactively engages the employee population, provides coaching and feedback to employees and supervisors as appropriate
- Prepares HR-related communication reports as needed
- Partners with HR Director on the design, delivery and administration of an agency recognition program
- Partners with the HR Director on the design, delivery, evaluation, and follow-up to the employee satisfaction survey
- Manages the exit interview process. Reviews results and triages follow-up response with the appropriate individual or department member
- Conducts exit interviews and reports critical findings
- Manages internal employee termination processes including internal notification of all departments
- Acts as a single point of the contact for the employees and managers in the assigned departments. Acts as a funnel for identifying optimal HR solutions to challenges within assigned client groups
- Builds a strong business relationship with the internal client, and consults with management, providing HR support, guidance, and coaching
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Effectively applies customer service skills to achieve equity and quality
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
Training and Performance Management
- Oversees agency training, both on-line and in-person. Partners with HR team members for training related to matters of compliance
- Writes and revises agency HR policies as needed, communicates changes, and oversees annual policy signing initiative
- Partners with the Benefits/Recruiting Administrator to manage and ensure completion of compliance training for all employees, including benefits and grant based compliance training
- Oversees performance evaluation program including tracking evaluations and training of supervisors
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or a related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Five (5)+ years of experience in HR including at least two (2) years working as an HR Business Partner, or an individual contributor HR role, including the specific areas of organization development, managing/leading change, performance development, and coaching.
- Comfortable working as a self-starter and be able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Considerable knowledge of human resources principles and practices, and state and federal laws.
- Ability to exercise significant judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with co-workers, managers, and leaders when needed.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and to exercise proper judgment when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Proven effective consulting skills, with an ability to influence without authority.
- Excellent communication including written, oral and diplomacy skills
- Ability to travel between offices throughout the City.
Standard office setting with extended periods at work station and periodic use of office equipment.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Full time position, typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule options available with supervisor approval.
Local travel to multiple sites and community meetings on a regular basis.
Ability to walk between local offices within the City.
Salary and Benefits:
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
The Health Federation of Philadelphia (HFP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.