Job Location: Main HQ Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: $58,000.00 - $68,000.00 Salary/year
Travel Percentage: Negligible
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Health Care
The Health Information Technology Project Manager provides support to the HCCN Participating Health Centers (PHCs) to leverage Health Information Technology for patient care, reduced provider burden, improved interoperability, reliable security and privacy, and quality improvement. The person in this position will employ knowledge of health information technology, project management, analytical, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills to provide collective and individualized technical assistance to Network member health centers around maximizing the use of healthcare technology solutions.
This position will provide expertise in the optimization of EHR applications and enhancements to support HIT adoption, activation, and process improvement. The Health Information Technology Project Manager will facilitate health center collaborative activities through EHR-specific user groups, surveys, webinars and round-table gatherings, individual HIT projects, and demonstration of new EHR/HIT products.
The Health Information Technology Project Manager serves as a member of the HCCN team which is comprised of the Senior Director of Population Health, Director of Health Information Technology, Senior Project Manager, Project Assistant, Quality Improvement Program Manager, and Data Analyst.
- Establish relationships with health center staff to facilitate role as a thought partner and to share reliable expertise on HIT optimization and best practices.
- Make recommendations on process improvements for workflow, quality data collection and management, and cost/benefit of optimizing and implementing HIT.
- Participate in HIT assessments of participating health centers and continuously update detailed work plans for health centers.
- Through engagement with EHR Solutions Experts and personal development of knowledge and understanding, support health centers with system optimization and workflow development and training programs particularly related to interoperability, reducing provider burden, developing and optimizing patient engagement tools, data management to support quality improvement and value-basedpayment programs.
- Work with EHR Solutions Experts to develop agendas and lead Network-level User Group calls and conduct follow-up to these calls, as needed.
- Develop and share successful strategies for EHR, third-party application, and data management optimization.
- Continue to develop, maintain, and optimize existing HCCN Knowledge Management tool, focused on Health Information Technology.
- Engage with vendors and participate in initial demonstrations of new products. Work with the Director of Health Information Technology to assess products for ease of use, integration, and benefit to health centers. Set up and facilitate demonstrations of vetted products for health centers.
- Provide “at the elbow” HIT technical assistance to individual health centers in HIT-focused areas, including change management, workflow development, product implementation and optimization for clinical information systems, privacy and security, population health management, patient portals, patient engagement tools, and health information exchange.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, e.g., Computer Science, Business, Nursing, Social Work, Public Health or Health Information Management from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Ability to prioritize workload as appropriate to complete projects on time.
- Comfortable using collaboration tools like SmartSheet, Google documents and sheets, Dropbox and Google Drive.
- 3-5years of experience in clinical operations and/or HIT in the ambulatory setting, preferably in a community health setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of the technology and information management challenges facing independent healthcare providers in a complex, heavily regulated, and competitive environment.
- Willingness to travel to health center sites state-wide, as needed.
- Proven project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Interest in and ability to learn new software systems quickly.
- Proven ability to collect, document, and articulate clinical and technical requirements.
- Ability to function in a collaborative and collegial team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal, analytic, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated skills in problem identification and resolution.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
This is a full-time, exempt position.
Standard office setting, plus regularly scheduled travel for meetings, training sessions, and technical assistance sessions with participating health centers.
Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time. Able to lift and move up to 15 pounds.
Must be able to get around effectively within Philadelphia and surrounding counties, either on public transportation and/or in own vehicle. Limited travel beyond surrounding counties will be required, as well.
Salary and Benefits
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to improve access to and quality of health and human services for underserved and vulnerable populations. Health equity is at the heart of all our work.
We believe and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.