The HIT Coach will employ knowledge of health information technology, analytical, interpersonal and critical thinking skills to provide collective and individualized coaching to Network member health centers around maximizing the use of technology solutions. This position is responsible for providing technical assistance as needed to the participating health centers so that they are able to optimally use the technology solutions in place, and recommend additional technology solutions that support organizational goals. In addition the HIT coach will assist the health centers in developing internal skills and attitudes needed for high functioning organizations.
- Participate in HIT assessments of participating health centers and continuously update detailed work plans around these areas as needed.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of Electronic Health Records/Electronic Dental Records/Population Health Management Systems features and functionalities to support participating health centers (PHCs) in system optimization and workflow development, particularly as it relates to interoperability, privacy and security, reducing provider burden, patient engagement, population health, and utilizing data for value-based payment.
- Continue to develop, maintain and optimize existing HCCN Knowledge Management tool, focused on Health Information Technology.
- Engage with vendors and participate in initial demonstrations of new products. Work with Director of Health Information Technology to assess products for ease of use, integration, and benefit to PHCs. Set up and facilitate demonstrations of vetted products for PHCs.
- Work with EHR solutions experts to develop agendas and lead Network-level User Group calls and conduct follow-up to these calls, as needed.
- Provide HIT technical assistance to individual PHCs around a number of HIT-focused areas, including change management, workflow development, product implementation and optimization for clinical information systems, privacy and security, population health management, patient portals, patient engagement tools, and health information exchange.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. Computer Science, Business, Nursing, Social Work, Public Health or Health Information Management from an accredited college or university preferred.
- At least five years of experience in operations and/or HIT in ambulatory setting, preferably in a community health setting.
- Understanding of the technology and information management challenges facing independent healthcare providers in a highly complex, heavily regulated, and competitive environment.
- Willingness to travel to health center sites state-wide as needed
- Proven project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Background in coaching/training others for performance improvement.
- Interest in and ability to learn new software systems quickly.
- Proven ability to collect, document and articulate clinical and technical requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with EHR systems preferred. Experience in at least one of the following products is desirable: NextGen, Athena Centricity, Greenway (Intergy), Athena, EPIC, and eClinicalworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
This is a full-time, exempt position.
Standard office setting, plus regularly scheduled travel for meetings, trainings, and technical assistance sessions with participating health centers.
Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time. Able to lift and move up to 15 pounds.
Must be able to get around effectively within Philadelphia and surrounding counties, either on public transportation and/or in own vehicle. Limited travel beyond surrounding counties will be required, as well.
Salary and Benefits
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
The Health Federation of Philadelphia (HFP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.