Job Location: Kensington - Philadelphia, PA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: $55,000.00 Salary/Year
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Health Care
Reporting to the Field Epidemiologist and working closely with the Harm Reduction and Environmental Team, the Research Coordinator coordinates and conducts research activities associated with the Field Epidemiologist’s research program, including studies on drug testing, overdose prevention, and other harm reduction initiatives across the City of Philadelphia. The Research Coordinator will conduct quantitative, qualitative, and ethnographic data collection; assist in the efficient management of projects including budgets, ethics applications, scheduling and other data collection activities; coordinate research dissemination activities. The Research Coordinator will also assist the Field Epidemiologist with the preparation of research grant applications, community partner engagement and undertake other general research duties as required. The Research Coordinator will aid in the development of study materials including but not limited to questionnaire development and programmatic and marketing materials.
- Knowledge of substance use, harm reduction, and social determinants of health.
- Knowledge of community health issues and experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with Microsoft Office suite (including Excel) and REDCap.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload, handle multiple assignments effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in preparing documents, reports, and communication materials.
- An understanding of and sensitivity to diversity issues.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in event planning.
- Strong critical and analytical skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment is essential.
- Experience with development of marketing materials.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience working with the population of interest; persons who use drugs, unsheltered individuals
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Able to handle multiple tasks and manage project timeline with a high degree of organizational skill
- Ability to work with a variety of cultures and diverse audiences
Unconventional office setting; community based; some office setting.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Full-time position, non-traditional hours.
Local travel to multiple sites and community meetings, daily
Ability to transport materials, routinely moves equipment or supplies weighing up to 50 lbs.
Salary and Benefits:
Pay Rate: $55,000 annually
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long-term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to improve access to and quality of health and human services for underserved and vulnerable populations. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.