Manages the field/site operations of the National Health Corps (NHC), a national AmeriCorps program focused on providing health access and education in underserved communities with partner operating sites (sub-grantees) in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Florida, San Francisco and New York.
Reports to: Director, National Health Corps
FLSA: HR will determine
Supervises: Interns when needed
- Manage operating site field operations and communication among six operating sites, including leading regular conference call meetings with program staff, providing guidance, training and technical assistance for compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements; fostering teambuilding, developing and updating program policy and procedure manuals and documents, and co- organizing and facilitating an annual staff in-person meeting
- Review program operating site monthly invoice packages and work with Health Federation of Philadelphia grants management staff to complete required fiscal standards for operating sites;
- Facilitate on-site and remote program monitoring of operating sites to ensure compliance with funder(s) regulations and to assess program strengths and weaknesses;
- Co-manage the development of standardized program activities, position descriptions and training core competencies goals and objectives across six sub-grantee sites;
- Co-manage the onboarding process of
twonew program operating sites and associated host sites;
- Co-manage the development and implementation of the NHC Communications Plan, including building of the NHC Alumni network;
- Supervise program interns; and
- Assist with the administration of other NHC program activities, including evaluation, grant writing and fundraising activities as needed and assigned;
- Master’s Degree in public health, social work, public administration or other relevant field
- 3-5 years of experience in managing and administering public health related or community service/human service programs;
- Highly organized and systems oriented;
- Strong leadership, problem solving, collaborative and mentoring skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Able to handle multiple tasks and manage project timeline with a high degree of organizational skill
- Ability to work with a variety of cultures and diverse audiences
- AmeriCorps experience preferred but not required
Standard office setting with extended periods at work station and periodic use of office equipment.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Full time position, typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule options available with supervisor approval.
Travel to Washington D.C, and up to 5 operating site cities (Pittsburgh, Chicago, Florida, San Francisco, and New York) once annually.
Extended periods at work station and periodic use of office equipment
Salary and Benefits:
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
The Health Federation of Philadelphia (HFP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.