Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA: HR will determine
Philadelphia Health Partnership is a private, independent foundation that supports nonprofit organizations working to improve the health and well-being of underserved Philadelphians. We believe that promoting optimal health and well-being requires increasing access to quality care and services and addressing the underlying root causes of health disparities, including the unequal social and physical environments in which people live. We are committed to collaborating with diverse stakeholders to increase our collective ability to advance knowledge in the field and to make a positive difference in the lives of vulnerable populations in Philadelphia.
The Executive Assistant will provide day-to-day operational support for Philadelphia Health Partnership, including administrative and clerical support, office management, and grants administrative support. The position involves supporting the executive director and working with the program and grantmaking staff to address administrative issues. The ideal candidate must bring strong business skills; be highly self-motivated, self-directed, and professional; able to manage multiple tasks; possess strong written and verbal communication skills; and function effectively in a highly collaborative work environment. The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director of the Foundation.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Candidates are sought who are: looking for exposure to the philanthropic sector; organized with excellent attention to detail and follow through; able to manage multiple tasks; demonstrate good judgement and maintain confidentiality; have strong written and verbal communication skills; enjoy teamwork; and demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm, humility, a sense of humor, and drive.
Administrative and Clerical Support
- Provide administrative support for all PHP operations and programs.
- Serve as receptionist and greeter for guests as needed.
- Answer, screen, and direct incoming phone calls.
- Assist Executive Director with administrative tasks such as scheduling appointments, updating the calendar, corresponding with the Board and others, and carrying out other tasks as assigned.
- Open, sort and process mail.
- Manage and update PHP internal calendar and scheduling requests.
- Coordinate various meetings including staff, Board of Directors and committee meetings, as well as assist in the preparation of content for meetings.
- Manage travel arrangements for the Executive Director and other staff as necessary.
- Perform other job duties deemed necessary for the efficient operation of the Foundation.
- Management of office supplies inventory and arranging maintenance of all office equipment and computer hardware and software.
Grant Making Support
- Support program staff with production flow associated with grant decision-making and management.
- Support maintenance of grant database.
- Assist with scheduling site visits to grantee organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. High school diploma required with a minimum of 3 years prior administrative experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to work independently and as a member of a high-performing team.
- Capable of efficiently and effectively supporting the Executive Director and, when appropriate, the Board.
- Proactive, self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle confidential information.
- Strong relationship building, follow-up, and follow-through skills. Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Committed to delivery of quality work products on time.
- Advanced knowledge of office and administrative procedures and expert PC skills (proficient in Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point). Proficiency in database management desired.
Standard office setting with extended periods at desk and periodic use of office equipment.
POSITION TYPE AND WORK SCHEDULE
Full time position, typical hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional after normal hours required for foundation meetings.
Local travel to community events may be required periodically.
Responsible for performing the following physical activities on an occasional basis (occasional means up to 33% of the time)
- Reaching/working overhead
- Pushing up to 25 pounds
- Pulling up to 25 pounds
- Driving an automobile
The following physical activities are performed on a frequent basis (frequent means up to 34% to 66% of the time)
- Lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds
- Finger dexterity
The following physical activities are performed on a continuous basis (continuous means 67% to 100% of the time)
- Relating to others
- Making independent judgements
- Visual acuity
Salary and Benefits
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
The Health Federation of Philadelphia (HFP)is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.