Department/Program: Population Health
Reports To: Quality Improvement Data Analyst
The Health Federation operates a program to support a network of Federally Qualified Health Centers and look-alikes across Pennsylvania around use of health IT to improve patient care. Part of this work includes management of a data warehouse, which holds de-identified data for over 500,000 health center patients across the state. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are working to update our data warehouse to support analysis of the response to COVID-19 across the health center network, as well as the impact on patient populations.
The Data Assistant will support the Population Health team in management, analysis, and presentation of data for internal and external audiences. The focus of analysis will be on data related to COVID-19 testing, diagnoses, co-morbidities, and social determinants of health, with stratification by age, sex, race/ethnicity, health center, and zip code.
- Assist with data validation, assuring that the data available in our HCCN data warehouse accurately reflects what is documented in the electronic health records of participating health centers.
- Develop data reports for internal use and partner organizations, such as local public health authorities. This will include populating tables in Excel with data exported from the data warehouse.
- Use health center data exported from the data warehouse to create visualizations of COVID-19 testing numbers and diagnoses, as well as documented telehealth encounters and high-risk population data, across the health center network.
- Develop strategies for incorporating data from multiple sources (eg, publicly available population data and data generated internally through the HCCN data warehouse) to provide meaningful analyses for internal and external use.
Completion of a Master’s degree in public health or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with data analysis and creating visualizations using Tableau
- Experience with data collection and management
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Part time, temporary – 20 hours/week for 12 months
Standard office setting, plus regularly scheduled meetings, trainings, etc. with participating health centers, occasional home or hospital visits. Working remotely is an option.
Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time. Able to lift and move up to 15 pounds.
Must be able to get around effectively within Philadelphia and surrounding counties, either on public transportation and/or in own vehicle. Limited travel beyond surrounding counties will be required, as well.
Salary and Benefits:
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
The Health Federation of Philadelphia (HFP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.