Job Location: Main HQ Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Graduate Degree
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Entry Level
The Health Federation operates a program to support a network of Federally Qualified Health Centers and look-alikes across Pennsylvania around use of health IT to improve patient care. Part of this work includes management of reporting for multiple projects on clinical quality metrics representing care to over 500,000 health center patients across the state. The Data Analyst will support the Population Health team in management, analysis, and presentation of data for internal and external audiences. Data management tasks will include obtaining reports from the Health Federation data warehouse and from health center data sources on the number of patients in the numerator and denominator for multiple clinical quality measures and converting those reports into a format that can be used to analyze differences across agencies and over time. The Data Analyst will be responsible for developing efficient strategies for managing, analyzing, and visualizing this data. Additional responsibilities will include completing a statistical analysis for two projects: a provider/staff survey to assess satisfaction with electronic health record systems and a patient-level data extract to assess impact of a project to distribute self-reporting blood pressure monitors.
- Manage the movement and organization of data from different sources into a standard format for analysis. This will include developing efficient processes for populating tables in Excel.
- Create and manage Excel files that can be used in applications such as Tableau.
- Develop data reports for internal use and partner organizations, such as health center members and local public health authorities. This will include developing visualizations in Tableau and creating pivot tables in Excel to show comparisons between health centers and over time. Reports will be produced on a quarterly and sometimes monthly basis, depending on grant/project needs. The Data Analyst will support this work across 6-7 projects within the Population Health Department.
- Complete a statistical analysis of health center provider and staff survey data. Assist Population Health staff in interpreting data and developing presentation of results.
- Conduct data cleaning, management, and statistical analysis of patient-level data extracts to assess the impact of a project to distribute self-reporting blood pressure monitors.
- Take on comparable responsibilities for data preparation, analysis and visualization as new projects and opportunities arise.
Completion of a Master’s degree in public health or related field with significant course work in epidemiology, biostatistics, and research methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with statistical analysis in R or SAS
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with data analysis and creating visualizations using Tableau
- Experience with data collection and management
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with juggling multiple projects and responsibilities and proven ability to meet deadlines with high quality work product
- Experience with healthcare related data sets a plus
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Standard office setting, plus regularly scheduled meetings, trainings, etc. with participating health centers, occasional home or hospital visits.
Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time. Able to lift and move up to 15 pounds.
Must be able to get around effectively within Philadelphia and surrounding counties, either on public transportation and/or in own vehicle. Limited travel beyond surrounding counties will be required, as well
Salary and Benefits:
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.