Reports to: Deputy IIS Manager
Status: Full-time, permanent
The Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH), Division of Disease Control (DDC) is tasked with the operation and maintenance of PhilaVax, the Immunization Information System (IIS) for the City of Philadelphia. PhilaVax’s primary mission is to collect and maintain immunization records for the City of Philadelphia. Information collected by PhilaVax is utilized by providers within the City and by partner programs within PDPH. The DDC uses IIS data to help prepare for public health emergencies and provide education to the community on how to stay safe and healthy.
The COVID19 Vaccine Data Specialist is tasked with providing general support to the IIS COVID-19 vaccine response. The Vaccine Data Specialist is responsible for creating and managing users, providing general IIS and specialized software support to providers and users, ensuring provider data flow meets CDC guidelines. The position is a funded for 1 year but may be extended for an additional year as funding permits.
- Create new IIS users
- Ensure that current IIS users are up-to-date on confidentiality agreements and are able to access the IIS
- Provide basic IIS trouble shooting support to IIS users
- Provider basic pandemic software support to providers
- Ensure that Provider COVID-19 immunization data reaches the IIS according to CDC guidelines
- May be asked to provide on-site support for COVID-19 mass immunization clinics
- Other duties are required
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Liberal Arts, an associated field with an emphasis on critical thinking or health related fields.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Basic understanding of project management and process improvement
- Ability to provide good customer service in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical persons
Standard office setting at workstation and periodic use of office equipment. This position will initially be fully remote and will transition to in-person work in accordance with public health guidance. Will be required to report to office to receive work-laptop and other equipment as necessary.
Some travel may be necessary provided that public health guidance allows it.
Must be able to lift 25lbs
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$40,000 - $45,000 and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position comes with a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical and dental coverage, paid sick, vacation, and personal time. This position is funded for 1 year but may continue after as funding permits.