Float - Philadelphia, PA
: High School
: $15.00 - $25.00 Hourly
Up to 50%
Act as a subject matter expert and community liaison for special projects. Special projects include but are not limited to ongoing surveillance programs in the community; community centered trainings; and aiding in development of harm reduction and marketing materials.
- Assist in development and conducting of formative research for new and ongoing programs in the SUPHR division
- Provide guidance for new and ongoing programs
- Develop and maintain relationships with community-based organizations and community members
- Develop and conduct trainings for community members about relevant Harm Reduction topics
- Guide SUPHR staff in subject matter related to relevant topics related to job duties
Other duties as assigned/required
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Knowledge of/and or personal experience with substances and substance use
- Experience and/or knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of outreach, education, and community-based networking
- Sensitivity to and experience working with ethnically, economically, culturally and sexually diverse individuals, communities, agencies and organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze and think critically to apply reasonable judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, and to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with persons contacted in the course of work.
Approximately 50% office based, 50% field based
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Part-time position, non-traditional hours. Hours not to exceed 20 a week, employment period to end June 30, 2021.
Local travel to multiple sites and community meetings, daily
Ability to transport materials, routinely moves equipment or supplies weighing up to 50 lbs.