ChesPenn Health Services (ChesPenn) is now accepting applications from experienced individuals to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). After a decade of service, our current CEO is retiring.
About the Position
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the strategic, operational and fiscal management of ChesPenn. Reporting to the Board of Directors (Board), the CEO works with the Board on governance issues, strategic planning, growth strategies and fundraising activities. He/she represents ChesPenn’s mission and vision at local and regional public health, social services and community events. The CEO represents the organization in a wide variety of communities and settings and must be able to navigate relationships by demonstrating and nurturing a collaborate spirit.
General Duties & Responsibilities
• Establish and maintain productive and positive relationships with the Board, current and potential strategic partners, and other key stakeholders.
• Manage and evolve an efficient and productive organizational infrastructure.
• Ensure the staff is aligned with ChesPenn’s strategic goals.
• Recruit, hire, and supervise a high performing staff. Ensure a work environment that supports and promotes mutual trust and respect.
• Meet all requirements to maintain FQHC designation and HRSA grant funding.
• Ensure all compliance with all legal and policy requirements of the Centers for Medicare, Medicaid, and the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
• Maintain a financially sustainable model that will strengthen ChesPenn’s position and oversee the preparation of all budgets.
• Cultivate and grow philanthropic partnerships, actively participate in the growth of our donor base, and investigate revenue generation and diversification strategies.
• Be a positive and powerful spokesperson to the community for ChesPenn’s mission and vision.
About the Board
You will be working with an experienced, capable and competent team of individuals with over 10 years board experience.
Required Skills and Experience
• 10 to 15 years of progressive leadership in the healthcare or nonprofit sector.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a CEO or similar position of responsibility.
• MBA or Masters Degree. Public health or similar discipline a plus.
• Experience working with a non-profit board of directors.
• Proven experience in philanthropic development, fundraising, and growing a donor base.
• Mastery of financial management including health care finance and administration
• Experience working with multi-million-dollar federal grants. Preference given to FQHC experience.
Attributes Required for Success in this Position
• Inspires others with a compelling vision of the future.
• Demonstrates optimism and positive expectations of others.
• Proactively addressing the rapidly changing healthcare services environment.
• Ability to monitor the changing healthcare landscape and act proactively when possible and reactively when necessary.
• Addresses performance issues promptly, fairly and consistently.
• Adapts management style to those with different personalities.
• Acts with a sense of urgency to meet strategic objectives.
• Responds positively to feedback from others.
• Functions effectively and achieves results even in adverse conditions.
• Projects authenticity, confidence, conviction, and passion.
Compensation is based on experience and knowledge. Generous benefits package include a comprehensive healthcare program, matching 401K, vacation, etc.
To arrange for a confidential interview, email your resume (MS Word) with a cover letter outlining why you are a “match” to our needs to: email@example.com.