The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to improve access to and quality of health care services for underserved and vulnerable individuals and families.
Since 1983, The Health Federation has served as a network of the community health centers in Southeastern Pennsylvania, providing a forum for the region’s federally qualified health centers and the Philadelphia Department of Public Health to collaborate and mobilize resources for their shared goals of improving the health of the population by expanding access to high quality care.
The Benefits and Recruiting Administrator will be responsible for providing administrative support to the human resources function as needed including record keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
This position will assist the HR Manager in a number of areas including administrative support, HRIS maintenance, benefits administration, leaves of absence, onboarding, background investigations and monthly audits.
- Implements recruiting process to include review of job description and posting
- Trains hiring managers to facilitate applicant review, interview, and reference check processes
- Participates as part of interview panel when requested
- Prepares offer letters and initiates on-boarding process with new employees
- On-boards new employees including the processing of all paperwork within compliance guidelines
- Conducts new hire orientation sessions and manages post hire on-boarding process
- Maintain records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves, etc.) in both paper, database, excel tracking and ensure all employment requirements are met
- Administer and review background investigations on newly hired employees and program renewals. Tracks and audits background data in database.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains that they are current and retained according to regulations
- Replenish HR materials and folders for new hires and update content as needed
- Back-up for new employee orientation
Benefits and Leave Administration
- Leads the annual benefits open enrollment process including broker interface, meeting schedules, and staff communication
- Administers all health and welfare benefits plans including enrollments, changes, terminations and audits
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Reconciles benefits statements.
- Administers all leaves of absence including workers comp, short and long term disability and FMLA
- Administers, communicates, and maintains tracking and records for worker’s compensation and leave administration
- Leads disability and accommodation request processes for employees; coordinates with third party administrators for Workers' Compensation, Short Term Disability and FMLA while ensuring adherence to ADA and HIPAA
- Interfaces with all benefits vendors
- Serve as back-up Payroll administrator
- Bi-weekly payroll reconciliation
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions including set-up and use of HRIS
- Runs reports as needed
- Assists or prepares correspondence
- Maintains personnel records and filing
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- BA or BS degree; PHR certification preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in Human Resources preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office; requires advanced skills in Excel
- Experience with HRIS, preferably Paycom
- Must be highly organized, accurate and detail oriented
- Must be able to work independently
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
Position requires sitting at computer and desk and mobility around office. Occasionally transports supplies and equipment weighing up to 20 pounds throughout 123 Broad Street.
Standard office setting
Position Type and Work Schedule
Full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flexible schedule options available with supervisor approval.
Minimal to none
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
The Health Federation of Philadelphia (HFP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.
The Health Federation is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.