Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to promote health equity for marginalized communities by advancing access to high-quality, integrated, and comprehensive health and human services. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion
The Philadelphia Department of Public Health seeks a full-time Behavioral Health Consultant (BHC) to serve as a member of the primary care provider team. BHC will provide brief (15-30 minutes), immediate behavioral health support and intervention to primary care patients. BHC provides assessment, evaluation and treatment for primary care patients, both walk-in and scheduled. BHC serves patients in an Integrated Care capacity within the primary care setting, from infancy through adulthood. BHC will refer patients, when appropriate, to specialty and outpatient mental health services.
• Fully licensed LCSW, LMFT or LPC
• Experience working in a health care setting
• Knowledge of clinical diagnoses
• Training in behavioral medicine and health psychology
• Experience working with EHRs
• Experience collaborating with a multidisciplinary team
• Knowledge and experience with chronic medical conditions
• Knowledge and experience with chronic mental health conditions
• Knowledge and comfort with diagnostic assessments
• Knowledge and experience with Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Problem and Solutions-focused treatments
• Training in substance abuse identification and treatment
• Knowledge of basic psychopharmacology
Position Type and Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, or as assigned.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.