The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to improve access to and quality of health care services for underserved and vulnerable individuals and families.
Since 1983, The Health Federation has served as a network of the community health centers in Southeastern Pennsylvania, providing a forum for the region’s federally qualified health centers and the Philadelphia Department of Public Health to collaborate and mobilize resources for their shared goals of improving the health of the population by expanding access to high quality care.
The HR Specialist will be responsible for payroll administration, record keeping, reporting, and file maintenance. The role also includes administering the recruitment process, assisting with HR projects such as HR metrics and report development, and providing back-up to the HR Generalist.
- Process payroll for 200+ employees on a bi-weekly basis, using Paycom
- Coordinates with Human Resources to ensure the accuracy of payroll data, including new hires, terminations, department transfers, rate changes and employee leaves.
- Maintain and update all deductions , medical opt-out payments, and other payroll transactions
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions related to payroll
- Provide technical support and instruction to employees using the electronic timesheet system
- End of fiscal year tasks including PTO calculation, processing annual merit increases, taxable GTLI reporting, third party sick, ACA and fringe calculations
- Prepare biweekly payroll changes and prepare and enter biweekly payroll
- Maintain thorough recordkeeping and files for payroll and accounting
- Complete biweekly labor distribution spreadsheets
- Wage and employment verification forms including unemployment , Loan Forgiveness Program documents, and other requests for earnings reports, garnishments, etc.
- Work directly with HRIS Paycom on troubleshooting and system enhancements
- Participate in site visits to inform and educate employees on payroll system and related processes
- Complete retirement plan sponsor year-end Plan Information Questionnaire (PIQ) and Census information.
- Provide Grants Managers with payroll verification, invoicing, and verification of coding
- Perform monthly payroll and general ledger account reconciliations
- Enter payroll data into accounting system via journal entry
- Other duties as assigned
- Partner with HR Director and Generalist to refine internal processes and participate in developing communication strategies to introduce new processes
- Post job requisitions, identify recruiting resources, qualify resumes, conduct phone screens
- Develop and run HR metric reports; create HR dashboards
- Provide back-up to the HR Generalist
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS degree
- Must have 2-5 years of payroll processing/administration experience with Paycom or other software
- Must have 1-2 HR assistant or coordinator experience; recruitment is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft office; requires advanced skills in Excel
- Blackbaud Financial Edge or other accounting system preferred
- Must be highly organized, accurate, and detail oriented
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Must be able to proactively problem solve, work independently, and collaborate with various teams
Position Type and Work Schedule
Full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flexible schedule options may be available with supervisor approval.
Travel to our West Oxford Street location 1-2 times a month
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
- Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy. \
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
The Health Federation of Philadelphia (HFP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or any classification protected by federal, state or local law. The Health Federation is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.
TO APPLY (only applications with responses to the below questions will be considered)
Provide a resume and cover letter responding to the following questions by clicking here: http://smrtr.io/QtyPDw
· Tell us about a complex payroll situation you encountered. What was the situation and how did you handle it?
· Tell us about how you landed in the world of HR.
· What does workplace culture mean to you?