Department/Program: Population Health
Reports to: Senior Director, Population Health
Status: Full time (37.5 hours/week)
The Communications Coordinator will support Senior Staff and Program Managers in implementing the organization’s strategic communications plan to enhance internal and external agency communications. We are seeking an outstanding writer/editor with design capability who can quickly digest complex content and produce high quality materials for a variety of audiences.
This individual will work across programmatic areas at the Health Federation, and therefore, will need to be able to set priorities and manage time well. Salary range is $50-60,000.
- Develop and update organizational printed materials and website, in conjunction with program managers and senior staff.
- Monitor and assure that all communications vehicles have a unified brand identity and meet production quality standards.
- Write, edit and design fact sheets, brochures, and organizational and program descriptions for a variety of communications and fundraising purposes.
- Assist program managers and directors in developing presentations and posters for conferences and meetings.
- Assist with proactive media outreach and reactive media responses as needed.
- Work with communications consultant, external graphic designers, web designer, and/or photographers as needed to develop and maintain materials, and to develop and implement specific projects or campaigns that require outside expertise.
- Provide content for and manage Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, Journalism, or Communications
- The number one qualification for this position is outstanding writing and editing abilities – the ideal candidate will be able to absorb new, complex material quickly, and generate excellent written product in a short period of time.
- Experience with design of electronic and print materials, familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Excellent organizational skills
- At least 5 years of experience in nonprofit communications. Some background in PR/Marketing highly preferred.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the Health Federation
- Some background in healthcare and/or human services highly desirable
- Ability to work independently and across departments
Standard office setting with extended periods at work station and periodic use of office equipment.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Full time position - typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Minimal to none
Standard office work
Salary and Benefits
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
Please apply here:
In addition to your application, please include responses to the following questions in a cover letter:
1. We're excited that you're interested in our Communications Coordinator role! Tell us why you're excited about the possibility of joining the team.
2. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Senior Director of Population Health and will serve as the sole communications person in our organization. Tell us about your experience in terms of working as a team of one. What did/do you like best about working in a solo capacity? Least?
3. The Communications Coordinator is accountable for writing organizational materials, media relations, social media, and graphic design, as well as other responsibilities. Tell us about your experience and be sure to include details about your strengths and growth areas in these 4 components of a communications role.